Sunday, September 25, 2011

There's a Place...

 The other night, my family watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader after listening to Focus On The Family's audio theater version.  We've also recently listened to and watched Prince Caspian.  As I was listening to these two exciting stories, I was reminded that these C.S. Lewis children's stories are close allegories to the Christian life.  One of my favorite quotes from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is below:
Lucy: "Aslan, will we ever meet with you in our world?"                                                Aslan: "You shall."                                                                                                         Lucy: "How?"                                                                                                              Aslan: "Because there I have another name.  You must learn to know me by that name.  This was the very reason you were brought to Narnia; that knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."
 At the end of this movie, as the credits start to roll, a song starts to fade in.  It's called There's a Place for Us and it's sung by Carrie Underwood.  Just a beautiful song!  And it has so much truth in it!  Here is the link so you can listen to it.

 My favorite quote from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian is:
Aslan [to Lucy]: "But every year you grow, you will find me bigger."
 Isn't that true with God, too?!  As we grow in Christ and in our faith, we find God majesty and magnificence to be bigger and bigger!

This week I'm thankful for...
 31. martyrs who leave powerful legacies
 32. Biblical allegories
 33. singers who have beautiful, strong voices
 34. high practice test scores
 35. long car rides while listening to audio theater
 36. great first discipleship group meeting
 37. sleeping in
 38. phone calls from far-away friends
 39. making plans with friends
 40. meeting new people

 Leaning on Him,
    Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!