Thursday, September 22, 2011

LIVE for Christ

 As you may know, I led a Bright Lights discipleship group for about a year and a half in my old house.  Now that we've moved, I am unable to continue that group, but have decided to start a new one.  Although similar in some ways to Bright Lights, this group is called LIVE for Christ.  LIVE is an acronym for Living In Victorious Excellence.  We have two theme verses: Ephesians 5:8 which says, "For you were once in darkness but now you are light in the Lord.  Live as children of light." and Matthew 5:16 which says, "In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

 Today we had our first official meeting.  Last week we had an information meeting and had 5 come.  Today, though, the attendance was 7!  Praise the Lord!  I can tell that this group is going to flourish for the Lord.  We talked about living our lives for God and how He has a special plan for each of us.

 I am so excited to see where God leads this group!  Whenever the time comes for me to stop leading this group, it'll be fun to say, "Look where God brought us!  We started with five, and now have ___!"  I can't wait to find out the blessings He has in store.

 I'll be taking my next CLEP test next week -- Humanities!  If I pass this one, I'll have 24 college credits.  I'm a tad nervous for this one, but mostly excited!  I feel pretty confident.

 Have a beautiful day!

 ~Sierra

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! So excited for you, Sierra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sierra!

    LIVE for Christ sounds REALLY fun! It's too bad you had to stop Bright Lights :'( I had SO much fun! It was awesome! And you were an AWESOME leader! I miss it :(

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I'm really glad your group is working out and you will do really well on Humanities, I know it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!