Monday, September 5, 2011

Degree Consultation - Part 2


 In my previous post, I mentioned two different questions that I was asked on my degree consultation.  They were "What degree do you want to pursue?" and "How did you decide on this degree?".  Well, there was a third question.  "What would you like to do with this degree?"  Below is my answer.


 As I mentioned before, a business analyst sounds very interesting to me and sounds a lot like what I like to do.  A business analyst works with graphs and charts -- which I love to make!  A team leader also sounds very...me. :)  A team leader works with organization a lot, and...*smiles*...I do not like things which are unorganized. 



 I am now entering my Junior year (11th grade) in high school.  And my goal is to be a college Sophomore by Christmas.  It's possible, but only with God.  He's the only One who can help me get through this.  I know it will be hard.  I know that a lot of times, it won't be fun.  I know that on some days, I'll wish I never signed up for this.  But isn't it the end that matters?  I realize that with God's help, I can push through those hard, not fun, regret-filled days and be able to see the bigger picture: look at how much time, money, and energy I saved!  Like 4 years worth! :)  Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to be a part of CollegePlus!.  But aren't there some days in just life in general where you wish you could crawl in a hole and never come out?  And then there are days where you could run around and scream for joy because you realize just how blessed you are!


 Lately, I've been seeing a few bloggers counting their blessings on their blogs.  I've been wondering whether it's a chain of some sort, or if they're just doing it on their own.  Well, I was so curious that I backtracked on one blog about a year and half!  I finally found why they're doing this!  It's called Gratitude Community -- check it out if you're interested.  I'll be writing down what I'm thankful for, 10 items at at time until I reach 1,000.  So here is my start:


I am thankful for...

1. being saved from the bondage of my sins

2. parents who support what I do

3. freedom to share my faith

4. clear guidance from God

5. motivation for school

6. an amazing college coach

7. being silly with siblings

8. an organized day-planner

9. colored pens and markers

10. cool weather


 In Christ,

     Sierra    

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea about getting up to 1,000 things to be thankful for! I think I'm going to start it on my blog!!!

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!