Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sunday School Fever



Well, it’s been almost a week since I posted.  Blogging is really fun, but honestly, I had nothing to write about. J  On Sunday, I went to my first Sunday school class in…well, a long time.  Since moving, we’ve found a church we like, and have started to attend there regularly (the past two weeks).    
   Anyways, in Sunday school, I learned that we will be going through a video series called GOSPEL Journey.  A pastor named Greg Stier takes 6 teens up into the Rocky Mountains and presents the Gospel to them in 6 different sessions.  The thing is, each of the students come from various different “religious” backgrounds.  There is a Presbyterian, an atheist, and even a Wiccan.  Today Greg talked about how God created us to be with Him.  He opened up a discussion to his group about what they believe about Creation.  A couple of the students had trouble with believing that it was even remotely possible to take a rib out of a human to make another human!  Then Greg asked if they believe in one God, maybe a few gods, or no God at all.  We heard quite the speech from both the Wiccan and atheist!  It was all SO interesting hearing someone explain the Gospel to others who are firm in their religion.  One young woman is very open to new possibilities, but she is not a part of one religion or another.  However, she knows a lot about the Bible, and I can’t wait to see where this journey brings her within the next 6 weeks!  I also think this series will help prepare me to share the Gospel with others.  You never know when God might present a divine opportunity!

 This week I’m thankful for…
21. God providing in obvious ways
22. family who prays for me
23. fall weather!
24. quiet days to study
25. movie nights
26. walks with my mom
27. family game nights
28. reading late into the night
29. trying to be able to grasp the awesomeness of God’s creation
30. making new friends

Have a great week!
 ~Sierra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!