Saturday, September 3, 2011

Degree Consultation - Part 1


 Yesterday morning was a big morning for me, an early and important morning.  I had my degree consultation!  A degree consultation, through CollegePlus!, is where you have a phone call with a CollegePlus! degree consultant and you...consult about your degree. :)  Before we got into the details, my consultant first asked me a couple questions.  Such as: "What degree do you want to pursue?" and "How did you decide on this degree?".  I thought I'd post the answers to these questions for you.


1)  I am going for an Economics degree with an unofficial minor in Communications.  I'm a little nervous, but also very excited!  I really feel that this is the path that the Lord is leading me on, and if I have to suffer through more math...I will (there is a possibility I may have to take calculus and I definitely have to take statistics).  I can't promise that I won't complain about it, though. :) 


2)  My mom told me to look at some big corporations online to see what some of their careers were and what requirements came with those career options.  So I went to Target's career website and their career page is SO helpful.  If you're interested, this is Target's career site.  Anyway, I clicked on Communications, and the jobs that were highlighted were Business Analyst, Team Leader, Group Leader, and a couple others.  So I clicked them all, read the info, and watched the videos.  The one that looked most interesting was Business Analyst.  Well, then I accidentally clicked on Economics and the same careers lit up, but Economics just kind of rang in my mind.  So I checked it out on CP!'s website, and asked my coach for the fact sheet, and it's what I got excited about and what I felt God was leading me to do.  Before, I had felt God leading me to pursue Communications, but I wasn't very enthusiastic about it because I didn't really knowwhat I wanted to use it for.  Now, I kind of have a specific idea of what I want to do with my degree, I feel like I have the Lord's blessing, and I'm excited.


 Judges 18:6 says, "...Go in peace.  Your journey has the Lord's approval." (NIV)  When I read this verse, I knew it was for me.  This journey I am taking is not like the rest of society.  This journey has the Lord's approval.  And I may proceed in peace on this path set before me by Him.


 I will be posting more about my consultation later.  Have a wonderful day!


 In Christ,
     Sierra

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Sierra! I'm so glad that your consultation went so well!

    If you don't mind me asking, who was your degree consultant?

    Love and Blessings,
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!