Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Year Behind Us and a Year Ahead of Us

 Let me tell you, I am excited for 2012!  I'm ready for some new beginnings.  A new year with a clean slate.  2011 had some ups and it had its downs, too, as with any year.  But I've put together a list of some of the events that happened in 2011:

  • I turned sweet 16 and my mom threw me the greatest party ever
  • I got my driver's license
  • At age 16, I started college and earned 27 credits
  • For the first time in my life, I moved :)
  • I started developing sweet friendships with "sisters" that I can't wait to continue to get to know
  • My mom and I developed a close relationship
  • My family found a church we love
  • I applied (and got accepted!) for my first mission trip
  • I witnessed, first hand, how God answers prayer
  • I discovered more about myself and who God wants me to be
  • I made sweet memories with friends
 Those are just a few things that happened this, excuse me, last year.  As for 2012, I have some goals.  In fact, I have quite a few goals.  For the first time, I am actually dead serious about sticking to my New Year's Resolutions.  Below are only a few on my list of 19 goals:
  • Become a junior in college by December 31st, 2012
  • Take at least one picture each day
  • Blog at least once a week
  • Journal once a week 
  • Trust in the Lord with all my heart
  • Be a better encouragement to others
  • Be a reflection of Him
  • Try to attend at least one prayer call each month
  • Have at least one video call with someone a month (try to have more)
  • Buy a laptop
  • Read 20 books
 Lord willing, I will be able to accomplish my resolutions.  Lord willing, I will grow closer to Him.  Lord willing, I will become a better student, sister, daughter, and friend.  And Lord willing, I will live 2012 fully for Him.

 May you have a blessed 2012.

 ~Sierra

4 comments:

  1. Okay, then - when should we schedule a video call? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy New Year, Sierra! It has been amazing metting you in 2011 and I look forward to getting to know you even better in 2012.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great Sierra!! Yes, put me on that video call list too! :)

    Have a great day!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Sierra!!! You have some great goals there! A lot of mine are the same/similar :) .
    Count me in for a video call! I got Skype a few months ago and haven't used it yet. That's just wrong I think!!!
    May God bless you abundantly in 2012!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!