Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Christmas Weekend

Well, let me first start with sharing some photos from The Story Tour I told you a bit about last week.  I didn't have pictures of everyone, but Selah, Francesca Battistelli, Natalie Grant, Newsboys, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Anthem Lights all sang 18 different songs telling stories from the Bible.

Selah
 Steven Curtis Chapman
Natalie Grant

 It was fabulous!

 Now, on to Christmas.  I had such an awesome weekend!  On Saturday, we went to my uncle's house, ate my aunt's delicious Swedish dinner (she's an amazing cook), opened presents, and then hung out for a while.  So much fun to be with the family!

My cousin and I 

 Sunday, we woke up and opened gifts as a family.  

 My brother and I put our money together to buy my sister a fish tank and a gift card to buy her own fish. :)
 My brother got a hat from my parents.
 Yes, I know there's a deer on my wall.  His name is Bobby.  Just kidding.  I'll be covering him up in January.  But, I got this awesome comforter for Christmas!  I had picked it out and stood in line for 2 hours with it on Black Friday.  It was worth it! :)
 This was a gift from my brother.  I saw it a couple weeks ago and fell in love!
 Gift card for Maurice's and some gloves from my sister.  Now, these are no ordinary gloves.  The black fingertips are made of special fabric that can be used on touch devices, more specifically my iPod touch!  Amazing!

 On Sunday afternoon, my aunt, uncle, grandpa, and cousin came over to play games and such.  A couple hours were spent on our frozen pond playing shoe hockey, as is tradition.  And I think a couple days will be taken for recovery. :)  We also had a great dinner prepared by my mom and played a round of Name 5, a new game our family got for Christmas.  It didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped, but I blame it on the fact that it was boys against girls and the boys were being unfair. :)

 On Monday, we had my dad's family over.  It was a fun day; pretty laid back.

 On Thursday, I have LIVE for Christ's Christmas party.  Pretty excited about that.

 I also get to go visit a friend on Friday!  Can't wait!

 During my break, I created a 10 page, 30 day study schedule for my next CLEP test that I'll be starting to study in January: Introductory Sociology.


Well, I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week.  Take advantage of your break if you're on one!  

161. having a whole day at home
162. a fun time with a new friend
163. Christmas movie night
164. safe driving
165. Swedish dinners
166. thoughtful gifts from loving people
167. Christmas trees
168. frozen pond to play shoe hockey on
169. family time
170. late movie night to relax

 In Christ,
   ~Sierra

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas!!! So did I!!! :) I miss BL soo much :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and the post! I am glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!! Anna got me a article of clothing I had fell in love with too - they can be to sweet sometimes! :)

    I like your bedspread! Good bye Bobby! :( ;)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!