Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This Week's Project

 This week's project has been exciting for me!  Saturday, we went to the hardware store to pick out some paint colors.  When I was little, I remember taking paint chips just to play with them.  At least now I have a reason! :)
 On Sunday, I started to rip away the deer mural, which took a lot of work, but I finished on Monday and was able to start priming!

 *Before* unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to take a picture after my bed was pulled out so you could see the whole wall, but there are two more deer covered up by my bed.
 This was after the mural was pulled off.

 Now, on Monday night, I painted the first coat of primer on the wall.  Because I painted the wall a darker color, the primer was gray -- it would have been a pretty paint color, just not for my room.  Again, I wasn't thinking and didn't take a photo of the wall covered with primer, but it wasn't too exciting.

 Tuesday morning, I slapped on another coat of primer, waited an hour and a half, then painted the first coat of paint.  I didn't take a picture of the first coat, but that was on purpose -- it looked horrible.  I'm no pro at painting, but I like how the wall turned out after the second coat.


 Yes, the room is still in shambles with the blue tape around the edges, the bed in the middle of the room, but.  It's not done yet!  Well, I will be putting my room back together today, but this is not the end of the renovations.  Last Thursday, we went to IKEA and picked up some things that will help finish this project.  I'll be posting pictures of the completed results later...when it's completed. :)

191. great night at youth group
192. LIVE for Christ girls
193. donations for Brazil
194. paint chips
195. selling stuff on eBay
196. IKEA
197. the Apple store
198. setting financial goals
199. painting my room
200. I'm healthy

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I'm a firm believer in having beautiful things all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a perfect match with your bedspread...much more sophisticated than the dear mural. Can't wait to see the complete tour when your are done.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!