Sunday, December 18, 2011

An Amazing Week

 *sigh*

 I had a great week!  You already know that I passed my Psychology test, but that was such a blessing that I'm not letting you forget it! :)

 Thursday was an absolutely awesome day!  My mom drove me to the cities to meet up with some other CollegePlus! students and we went to Feed My Starving Children.  That was so much fun!  I love it how at the end, they pray over the boxes of food that were packed with the volunteers.  After that, we ate a deliciously healthy dinner at Culver's.  But to end our day, we went to see Triple Espresso, a hilarious, clean comedy show.  My stomach hurt so bad as we were walking out.  Of course the ride home was fun because everyone was very wound up from laughing so hard.
 The only sad part of my day was that I didn't bring my camera.  On our way home, the moon was just rising and it was a half-moon, huge, orange, and beautiful!  There is no way to actually describe that moon.  

 Saturday?  On Saturday, my dad took my brother and I to The Story Tour, like I told you last week.  I didn't really know what to expect.  I knew Natalie Grant, Newsboys, Selah, Steven Curtis Chapman, Francesca Battistelli, Anthem Lights, Randy Frazee, and Max Lucado were all going to be live, but never dreamed it would be as great as it was!  Not only did those artists alternate singing 18 different songs, they had an amazing corresponding video to go along with each song!  Each song told the story of someone different: Adam & Eve, Abraham & Sarah, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Ruth & Naomi, David, Daniel, Esther, Job, Mary, Jesus, the Thief on the cross, Mary Magdalene, the Disciples, Paul, and the Second Coming.  Check out this video!  If they ever do this again, do yourself a favor -- you will not be disappointed!  You can also go onto The Story's store and order the DVD of what I saw!


 Yesterday was a very special day also, for me.  I had two separate video calls with my CP! (which is an abbreviation for CollegePlus!) "sisters" and friends.  What an encouraging time as we talked about school, life, and God's blessings and guidance.  I can't wait to see how God continues my friendships with these girls!

This week I'm thankful for...
151. CollegePlus! friends
152. Do Hard Things by Alex & Brett Harris
153. The Story Tour
154. Skype video calls with friends
155. orders arriving in the mail
156. little boys volunteering to pray in front of 88 people
157. clean comedies
158. the privilege of lighting the advent candle at church with my family
159. anticipating Christmas
160. my parents

 My favorite Christmas album this week is: A Christmas Story by Point of Grace.

 And this week, most Minnesotans actually have to dream of a White Christmas.  I wonder how long we'll have to dream? :)

 Have a blessed week,
    Sierra

1 comment:

  1. I love your list of what you are thankful for. 160 things whew! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!