Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Living in the Moment

 I read something in the Bible the other night.  It's found in Luke 10:39-42 and it says,
"She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what He said.  But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made.  She came to Him and asked, 'Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself?  Tell her to help me!'  'Martha, Martha,' the Lord answered, 'you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed -- or indeed only one.  Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.'"
 This was part of my Christmas Bible plan I'm going through right now.  Especially during this time of the year, how often do we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season?  Many people this time of year are thinking about Christmas plans, Christmas gifts, school mid-terms, and getting distracted by so much more. I, myself, have been very wrapped up in school this month so far.  Studying for the Introductory Psychology CLEP test has been difficult, and if you know me, you know that I don't deal well under stress.  I encourage you not to get caught up in "tomorrow", but live in the precious moment you're in.
"Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future.  Today is a gift -- which is why they call it the present."    ~Bill Keane
 In other news, I passed my Introductory Psychology CLEP test this morning!  That brings me to 27 college credits!  I have one more test to go before I become a college Sophomore!

This week I'm thankful for...
141. fabulous performances of my church's Christmas play
142. being able to be a part of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
143. willing, helpful friends
144. another great LIVE for Christ meeting
145. seeing The Gospel According to Scrooge with my family
146. making cards all day
147. Grandpa visiting
148. girls' movie night with my mom and sister
149. prayer call with people around the country
150. passing Introductory Psychology

My favorite Christmas album this week is: How Many Kings - Songs for Christmas by Downhere

 In Christ,
     ~Sierra~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!