Sunday, November 25, 2012

my thanksgiving weekend

 How was your Thanksgiving weekend?

 I took half the day off from school on Wednesday and helped ready the house for company the next day.  I didn't do any school the rest of the weekend which has been super nice.

 Thursday, I woke up with the cold that has kind of gone through the family now.  Not a great start, but I wasn't going to let it get the better of me!  I woke up, helped my mom peel potatoes, and then went to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - a little tradition of ours.  We always celebrate Thanksgiving with my dad's family, so they were joining us at our house this year.  Not everyone was able to make it this year, but it was still a good time!  After lunch, we played paintball in our woods which was a blast!  I think some people got a few welts/bruises, but I say they are worth it!

 I decided I should try to take a short cat nap before our shopping excursion, so I went to lay down at about 8:30.  That way, I would have about two and a half hours to sleep so we could leave at 11:30.  My mom and I ended up leaving around midnight, and the drive took a while because the weather was terrible.  Plus, we were following a snow plow. :P

 We didn't find a whole lot of good deals, but it was fun shopping with my mom (my sister didn't feel well enough to join us this year).  I got a new electric blanket (I get really cold easily), some new pajamas (as per tradition), and a new fall/spring type jacket.  By the time my mom and I got home at 8:30, I was worn out.  I slept for only about 4 hours, and then laid in bed all day and played a Nancy Drew computer game.  In fact, that's what I did all day on Saturday, too, since this cold did end up getting the better of me.  Saturday night, our family sat down and watched A Christmas Carol the musical (with Kelsey Grammar).  We try to watch it every year, as it's our favorite version.

 This morning, I still wasn't feeling up to much, so I had to stay home from church.  But now it's officially Christmas-time.  Today was spent listening to Michael Buble's Christmas album, setting up Christmas decorations, doing a tiny bit of kinda Christmas shopping, and watching a Christmas love movie on Hallmark. :)  I love this time of year!  Now I need to start making a list of gifts I still need to buy. :)

 This coming Wednesday, my sister and I are heading to Operation Christmas Child with some friends. Then we're heading to MOA!  Can't wait!

 Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Love,
  Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!