Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Isaiah 55:9

"So as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

 This verse was my "verse of the day" one day in December of 2010.  I read my verse of the days each morning when I wake up and each night before I go to sleep.  On that particular day, I was preparing for a Christmas party for my Bright Lights group.

 Each party I'd had for my group before, I had over-estimated how many would be coming.  Therefore, I would purchase too many supplies all because I had just hoped more girls would attend.  But this Christmas party was different.  I asked God to bring who He wanted to the party.  Of course, I did have to purchase supplies, so I planned on 15.  Because I was buying some things in bulk, I would have a few extra items.

 So the day of the party arrived.  I woke up, read my verse of the day, and set about preparing the house for about 14 girls, food, games, and fun!  Throughout the morning, I got a few emails from some girls telling me that they were bringing a friend.  One by one, four more places at the table were added; four more favors were made; four more chairs were brought up to the living room.  Wow!  God was adding to our day and I prayed that we would be a blessing to our guests.  

 The party went well!  18 girls attended and all together, they brought $110 for Samaritan's Purse.  We also sang, played a couple games, and had a wonderful Christmas tea!

 That night, I crawled into bed and read my verse of the day.  Isaiah 55:9.

"So as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

 God showed me that night that His ways are SO much better than mine.  I may have only planned for 15 and expected 14, but I gave the rest to Him.  We had 18 girls come and had enough favors, food, and chairs to go around!  

 HE is GOOD!!!

 God bless,
    Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!