Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Good Day

 This past Wednesday was such a wonderful day!  One that I've been waiting a couple months for!  *sigh*  What a day!

 I started off the morning getting lots of school done which is always nice.  But trust me, that's not what I've been waiting months for. :)  That was just a bonus.

 Early afternoon came around and I had a Skype call with several other girls for our Bible study (we are reading Joyfully at Home by Jasmine Baucham).  It was just a time to share our testimonies which each other.  I consider it a blessing to hear how God has worked in others' lives and used their trials for His glory.  Although we couldn't see each other face-to-face, there were tears, laughs, and encouragement shared.  I left got off the call feeling encouraged, relaxed and renewed in a way.

 Shortly after the call, it was time for me to leave to meet two other ladies at church.  These two went to Brazil on my team, and we were going to go pick up two very special people from the airport.  On my way to meet them on church, I was running just a tad late, so I took the shorter route which just so happened to be a back, gravel road.  Which also happened to be icy.  I was driving my grandpa's truck (which I'm not used to) and I had turned 4-wheel drive off when I got out of my driveway.  I turned a corner and...well, I kept turning!  I spun once, but it felt like 3 times, and ended on the same side of the road, but facing the opposite direction.  Very scary - I've never been in a car accident before (driving or riding), so my heart was pumping really fast.  Looking back, all I remember is starting to spin and then after I stopped -- I can't remember anything while it was happening.  I was able to put it in 4-wheel drive and get out right away.  Praise the Lord!  Had I been going faster around that corner, I could probably have rolled the truck and gotten hurt.  Had I not known which way to turn the steering wheel, I could have actually gotten stuck.

 Back to the really good part of the day. :)  I got to church, "S" & "T" were waiting for me, so we left right away.  We were all so excited and very giddy.  I wish I could experience the day all over again just for the fun of it.  We got there, grabbed some coffee (not smart on my part) and a sandwich, and waited.  I decided after a few bites in that I was just too excited to eat, so I put that away and we went to wait by the door where they would walk through.  We were waiting for two people who were our translators for our team in Brazil!  They are here to visit us for a month!!  We have tons planned, and it's going to be a blast!  We saw them, jumped up and down a little, waved, and grinned hugely in the 30 seconds it took for them to get out of the elevator and on our side of security.  Hugs were exchanged and pictures were taken, a few stories were told, and we were off!


 The car ride home was a lot of fun as we laughed a lot and heard stories and told them a little bit about what to expect.  Coming from 105 degree weather, they were freezing in our 30 degrees.  And that's nice weather for us this time of year!  Since it was Wednesday night, and our church has clubs, we decided to go surprise some of the other team members who were either leading a Wed. night club or in youth group.  Of course the team members knew they were coming to MN, but not to the church.  That was just so much fun seeing their faces!  I wish we could have gotten it on video!
 As I turned into my driveway, that night, I almost went right into the fence because 4-wheel drive wasn't on, but that is totally beside the point.
 When I actually got safely inside the house, my dad and I looked through hundreds of pictures.  The purpose was to find pictures of my grandpa for the slideshow I'm making for the visitation tomorrow evening.  However, we found a lot more photos to scan for my graduation party.  :D  I will be busy doing that for the next 6 months.  :)  These are two of my favorites that I found last night:




 So that was my wonderful day.  My cheek muscles hurt so bad on Wednesday night from smiling for about 4 hours straight.

 Love,
  Sierra

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I remember that little girl! I look forward to your open house -- it will be GRAND! I'm glad our LORD was watching over you as you drove on the ice and for your very good day! Blessings to you and yours! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!