Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

 2012 was a good year.  Along with the good things, there were some...not-so-good things also, but, the good things far out-weighed those.  Here are some highlights from this past year:

  • My credit count reached 39 by the end of 2012!  Not as high as I had hoped, but I did get that far! :)
  • In March, I got to finally meet in person a really good friend, Laura.
  • In June/July, I went on a mission trip to Brazil, which was an amazing experience I shared with my mom.
  • I got my first official job!
  • In August, I was able to meet a lot of my college friends, which was such a blessing!
  • In August, I also got to spend another week with Laura! :)
  • Between September and November, I was on a roll with college and earned 9 credits just in those four months.
  • I finally purchased my laptop which I'd been saving for for over a year! (yes, that is a highlight)
  • I was introduced to some great new movies (*the Marvel movies*) :P
I am looking forward to quite a few things that will be coming in 2013.  I pray that God will bless this year as He blessed the last.
  • In just less than a week, two of our translators on our Brazil trip are coming to visit us!  They will be staying for about a month.  Can't wait!
  • In February, I will officially be an adult.  Eighteen - here I come! :)
  • I will graduate high school after 12 years of being homeschooled.  
  • I will continue working through CollegePlus toward my degree in Economics
  • I get to continue LIVE which is a huge blessing
  • I am getting involved in a Bible study for girls over Skype.
 Life this year will have its changes.  As pointed out above, 2013 will have its "ups".  But I already know of some "downs" it will also have.  But, God is good and what He brings to us, He will bring us through it.  

 2013 will be a very busy year.  Already, my calendar for January is so filled, I'm wondering just how much school I'll actually get accomplished.  Nevertheless, I'm very excited for this month, and all the rest in 2013.

 God bless you throughout this year.  May He be with you in the good times and bad times.  May you rely on His strength to get you through each day.

Love,
   Sierra

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Sierra. God be with you in this new year. Keep on pressing on. :)
    God bless, sister.
    ~Kaleigh

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!