Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Snippets from the Past Few Weeks

:: I've been solely concentrated on my Signature Leadership Course.  I'm officially half way through, which I can't believe!  I've learned a lot so far, but this coming week certainly has me stressed with the assignments and a regular schedule that teases, "I won't let you get it done this week!", which isn't very nice, by the way. :P

:: The past two Sunday mornings, I have been teaching Sunday school by myself, which has been an adventure.  It's gone pretty well so far!  As I may have mentioned, I am co-teaching this year -- 1st and 2nd graders.  My co-teacher has been out-of-town for the past couple weeks, so it's just been me.  But God's hand has been present and made it all go smoothly.

:: This past Friday, I took a break from my ever-beckoning assignments with the ever-drawing-closer due dates to go to the Renaissance Festival with my family and some friends.  It was a nice break and we took the chance to walk around and have yummy treats. :)

:: Within the last week, I have had four senior picture sessions with either my sister or mom.  Since I probably have until May to decide which ones to use, I think there will be many more sessions, so we can catch all seasons.  So far, I'm excited with how they're turning out.

:: LIVE for Christ's first meeting of the school year was last Thursday.  Oh how God's blessing it already!!  God brought 16 girls (11 came back, 5 came for the first time) to the meeting, and they all had a blast!  I'm SO excited to see how far this group comes along this year.

:: Our family has been having family reading night.  We are reading The Hobbit by J.R. Tolkein in preparation for the movie coming this December.  I'm looking forward to the Hobbit movies as well as being able to watch the Lord of the Rings movies finally. :)

 So that's been my life.  While my family goes from science class to 4-H to Lego class on Tuesdays, I'm at home doing school.  While my family goes about helping outside and doing other household chores, I'm downstairs working on my assignments.  Frankly, I have no life.  Trust me, I'm counting the days until I'm done with this course, no matter how much I'm enjoying it.  I've already made a plan of what I'm going to do with my first weekend when it's done. :P

***


301. passing a college test
302. shopping with my mom and sister
303. non-boring lectures
304. motivational meetings
305. babysitting a 7-mo. baby
306. a Sunday school lesson gone well
307. the excitement of starting the second year of LIVE this week
308. good night's sleep
309. productive day of school
310. family reading nights
311. my brother making me an ice cream treat
312. going to the Renaissance festival with friends
313. my mom's and sister's patience with me while taking pictures
314. movie night with my dad
315. and a movie night with my mom
316. my parents who have made my assignments first priority rather than my helping around the house
317. new shoes (finally!  I hate shoe shopping)
318. my new rose-colored dress
319. finding time to actually accomplish things
320. frozen, chocolate-dipped cheesecake  (yes, you can be jealous)

Love in Christ,
   Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!