Monday, September 3, 2012

A Week of Friends


 This past week has been the best week of the summer for me.  Only God knew what would come out of this week.  Friends were made.  Memories were made.  Fun was had.  Being tired was the understatement; seeing 2:00am on a clock was not unusual.


Some highlights from the gathering:
    ~ worshipping with 40+ people
    ~ playing at least 3 hours of Dutch Blitz [or "Splitz" :P] a day

 
    ~ learning the "cup game" and playing it a lot
    ~ peanut butter S'mores
    ~ realizing we students are just one big family


    ~ going to the MN state fair with 30+ people
    ~ my four-person team at the state fair


    ~ the [almost] never-ending supply of Skittles
    ~ getting my hair curled (thanks Sarah!)
    ~ bowling (and beating Jason)
    ~ 15-passenger van rides with 18-20 people singing at the top of our lungs to Jamie Grace, Owl City, and Toby Mac

    ~ listening to all the talented pianists and violinists play
    ~ now being able to hear voices as I read people's posts
    ~ a scavenger hunt in the park (and the team I was with!)


 As one mom put it after a previous CP gathering: "2D relationships were strengthened as we spent 3D time together".

 My time with Laura was amazing, also.  I can't even express how thankful I am that she was able to come.  Our friendship grew so much while she was here.  Many at the gathering thought we were sisters; and soon enough we started acting as such!


 Here are a few highlights (just a few) of the time I spent with Laura:
    ~ walking around the Mall of America just talking
    ~ a lot of 2am talks


    ~ taking her to Target for the first time
    ~ shopping at Maurice's and trying on clothes together
    ~ chilling out with Monk & Skittles

 
    ~ tubing (and singing at the top of our lungs)
    ~ laughing so hard we cry (or because we are totally tired)
    ~ sitting on her bed, eating chips, and looking at the gathering pictures at 1am

 Saying goodbye to everyone was really hard.  We don't know when the next time we'll see them will be.  So that could've been the last hug we have until 3 weeks from now or over a year.  Needless to say, when goodbyes were said, hugs were repeated, and happily received! :)  God was so good to allow us to get together and to give everyone safety in their travels.  Praise Him!

Love,
  Sierra

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time you guys had! I so wish I could have been there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to see you again Sierra and to meet Laura! Your post sure did an accurate job in summarizing all the craziness. Thank you!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, it looks like you had such a fantastic time! Is this a yearly thing that you will be able to do next year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kaleigh - I wish you could have been there, too! Hopefully you'll be able to come to one sometime. ;)
    @Anna - I loved seeing you again, too, Anna! :D Hope we can meet up again some time!
    @Amber - it's kind of whenever someone decides to host one. ;) I think this is the third gathering this year: one in CA, PA, and then here in MN. We'll see what next year brings. :P

    Love,
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post, Sierra! Oh, I wish I had been there and had the chance to meet you!

    Thanks for sharing the pictures! I'm so glad that you had such an incredible time.

    Love,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful post, my friend!!! :)
    sure do miss everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to have been able to give you one of those highlights. But I beat Sarah, so I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!