Monday, May 28, 2012

Brazil update

 I am a little behind on posting, I know.  I am taking another CLEP test, Natural Sciences, on Thursday and there is only one way I'm going to pass this test, and that is with God's help.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."   ~Philippians 4:13

I haven't really been keeping you updated on my Brazil trip, either!  Below is our most latest email update that was sent out.

Hi everyone! 
  The time is creeping up on us.  Four weeks!  It feels like yesterday that we got the email detailing our first meeting.  Now, we are choosing the date of our last team meeting.  For me, the list of things to do before June 24th keeps getting longer and longer and I wonder if I’ll get everything done.  Graduation parties to attend, VBS, clothes shopping, hair cut, not to mention work and finishing school.  At times, I am grateful that I have things to make the time to faster, and other times, I’m overwhelmed wishing time would go slower. 
  I am very excited about this trip.  The team has been great getting to know – we’ve had a lot of fun together!  Planning seems to be going really well, too.  God has definitely had His hand on everything regarding this trip.  On Thursday, we found out that 11 out of 16 of the team members’ Brazilian visas had been approved – only two days after submission!  The standard for this is 12-15 days.  What a blessing!  The other five are for us minors which were submitted on Thursday morning. 
  Friday night, we had a party for the team members and our families.  It was a fun time had by all, playing Frisbee, and the name game, and just talking.  Praise God for bonding time for everyone on the team!
  “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.”    ~Philippians 4:19
~Sierra
 We are getting SO close to leaving.  When you think "four weeks" you may think, "Oh, that is still a month away."  But then if you think, "Wait, next week, it'll be three weeks!", it seems extremely close!

 In Christ's love,
    Sierra

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you on Thursday, Sierra! :) <3 Do well. ;)Phil.4:13 has almost become my theme verse for this year. I can tell you're so excited for your trip to Brazil! It IS soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!