Sunday, November 20, 2011

What Can I Say?

 This week has been quite an adventure!  Let's start with Tuesday: an amazing day with God's blessings!

 At the end of October, my mom and I applied for something.  Something big.  The week before this past week, we found out we were accepted.  On Tuesday night, we attended, with 15 others, the first meeting for our Brazil mission trip!  I am so beyond excited!  For a long time, I've felt God calling me to go on a mission trip, and here I am, embarking on an adventure that will be remembered for the rest of my life -- maybe even change my life.  God totally has His hand on this trip already!
 You see, 17 people from my church applied for this mission trip: 7 men, and 10 women.  Our pastor got in contact with the missionary down there who we will be going to help and asked if 17 was too many.  When she wrote back, she said they have two rooms: one for men, and one for women.  The women's room sleeps 10 and the men's room sleeps 8 which leaves one bed for a translator.  If that's not God, I don't know what is!  I will be keeping you updated as time progresses and you're prayers would be appreciated!

 Thursday, I woke up reeeaaally early (5am) to go with my dad to his work.  I needed to run some errands over there, and he had an empty desk for me to do school at.  I was so tired that day!

 Friday, well, let's skip Friday because Saturday was more fun. :)

 Saturday was one of the most epic days of my whole life...so far! :)  First, I started my day like I usually do by going for a walk with my mom.  Then, we went to play practice for our Christmas play at church.  I'll say right here that the only bummer of the day was that it snowed.  And it wasn't just a small, melt-when-it-hits-the-ground snow, it was 4-5 inches of snow.  Anyway, at 1pm the vehicles started rolling in, eventually bringing a whopping 25 girls to my house for LIVE for Christ's 1st Annual Harvest Party.  God had His name written all over Saturday!  We played games, had snack, made a cool craft, and had fun (at least, I hope they had fun!).  But, let me tell you, that wasn't the end of the epic day!

 My dad (the dare devil he is) braved the snow storm and drove me an hour (well, what was supposed to be an hour) to a gathering of CollegePlus! students.  There weren't only students from this state, but we had four states represented!  I've been able to get to know some of them online and such, but was never able to meet these awesome people in person!  Sure, I was exhausted at the end of the day, but it was SO worth it!

 When I got home, I cleaned up what was left from the party and curled up and watched a movie.  A great end to a great day.

This week I'm thankful for... *I'm a bit behind on this so this list isn't just from last Sunday to today*
101. a great LIVE meeting
102. 2 good weeks in a row!
103. planning a party for LIVE
104. how God never ceases to amaze me
105. flexible people
106. my first paycheck
107. exciting news
108. supportive friends
109. amazing LIVE party
110. meeting friends in person
111. seeing the time 11:11 on 11/11/11 =)
112. God's safety in snow storms
113. my sacrificing and helpful parents
114. a great Thanksgiving sermon
115. seeing God put pieces together in my life
116. laughing at lame jokes for a long time
117. friends who take pictures for me :)
118. dirty dishes (yes, I stole that one from someone else)
119. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
120. worship teams

 God bless!

 Sierra

5 comments:

  1. You probably met Anna at the CP party, huh? Do you read her blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome, Sierra! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i love your blog Sierra! It is so good to hear how God is working in your life! Way to give the glory to him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That sounds like a great week of blessings, I can't imagine - I am so excited for you!! Keep me updated on your Bible study and preparing for Brazil!! And how neat to see God bring 25 girls to your Bible study - exciting!!

    But I must say, the snow wasn't that big of a bummer! I am sort of looking forward to it, but I did like the "spring like feeling" in the air today!

    Oh, and what was your first paycheck from? Working for your Dad?

    Have a wonderful evening!!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that I commented on this post before, but I guess that it didn't work. Anyway, I just wanted to say that it sounds like you had an amazing weekend!

    I'm going to reply to your email soon, sis!

    Love in Christ,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!