Monday, October 24, 2011

My week

Well, this past week was pretty slow.  No youth group made the week even slower.  But, my weekend was fun!

 Friday night, we were invited to an older couple's home for dessert.  They're from our church and have been very welcoming to us over the past couple months.  Anyway, we went over there and enjoyed ourselves immensely!  Mr. P collected cameras.  Now, when you read "collected cameras", remember the very first number you thought of and multiply it by 10.  You might be close to the actual number he collected. :) I won't say the exact number, but it was over 1,000.  And I'm not joking!  It was awesome!  He took my brother, dad, and I  out to his shop and we shot an antique pistol (with plastic bullets) at a target.  That was pretty fun, too, except, I didn't take advantage of blowing the smoke off it when I hit the bull's eye!

 Saturday was a great day, also.  My cousin and his family came to see our house.  I haven't seen them since...March or April!  It was so fun and their kids are getting so big and cuter each time, too!  We had lunch, chatted, went for a little walk, and chatted some more.  After they left, I played some card games with my great grandma and won...once. :)  And I made some greeting cards.

 Sunday wasn't anything super special except I stayed up way too late messaging with a couple of my friends.  That was fun!  We three haven't had a conversation together for over a year, so it was nice to be able to do that.

 This week, like I said, will be pretty busy.  Monday, we have school (duh) and Bible study; Tuesday is actually nothing; Wednesday is youth group; Thursday I have LIVE for Christ and my mom's leading a Financial Peace University class (by Dave Ramsey) for teens and we'll be watching The Ultimate Gift (we talked about materialism last class); and on Friday....drum roll please!....I go on a youth retreat with my church to Trout Lake Camp.  I just can NOT wait!  I went to TLC from 1st to 7th grade for summer camp and miss it SO much.  Trout Lake Camp had such an impact on my spiritual growth and summer fun and thus, it is a large part of my life.  Even though this retreat will only be for the weekend, I can't wait to, once again, jump off their big zipline, run through their paintball course, rock climb, worship our precious Lord in that chapel full of memories, and sleep in those cabins which are also full of memories from years past.  So next week, make sure you have time on your hands before you head on over here.  I have a feeling it won't be a short post. :)

Thankful this week for...
71. Grooveshark
72. seeing cousins who I haven't seen in a long time
73. playing games with my great-grandma
74. encouraging cousins
75. elderly couples from church
76. finishing washing windows :)
77. excitement!
78. our new church home
79. people realizing the need of Jesus in their life and accepting His calling
80. my previous voice teacher

 See you next week!
   Sierra

2 comments:

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!