Friday, October 7, 2011

Courageous!

 Last night, my family and I visited the theaters to see the Sherwood film Courageous.  How do you describe a movie that includes action, emotional moments, humor, and best yet, the clear, no shortcut presentation of the Gospel?  You really can't describe it.  What are you saying as you leave?  I was saying, "Thank goodness I brought all that Kleenex!" :)  But I was also thinking, Praise the Lord for giving me a man of courage in my life - my dad.


 Without giving anything away, there was a "second story" going on where a father told one of his children "no" to something, they didn't like this answer, but that "no" was really for the child's protection.  I don't like the answers I get all the time from my parents.  But this was a good reminder that even if you can't see that they're protecting you right away, they are and it's all for a good reason.

 Did you know that this movie brought in a gross of $8.8 million opening weekend?!  It's also #1 new movie in America this week!  I hope we've gotten Hollywood's attention.  If we support movies such as Fireproof, Soul Surfer, and Courageous, and don't support as many of the other movies in theaters, Hollywood producers will realize that we don't only want violence, gore, swearing, etc.!

 If you're able, I encourage you to see this movie while it's still in the theaters.  Courageous has the prospective to make a difference in many lives.  Not only by openly sharing the Gospel, but by showing how to be a good father - not just a "good enough" father.  Not only by presenting the value of life and every moment, but by relating to those who have lost loved ones.  This movie can break through hardened hearts by it's wonderful "funny moments" and by it's honesty in every aspect.  We want to show Hollywood that we want this for our country!  Take your friends, take your family, or just take yourself.  The Holy Spirit will lead you if He wants you to see this move.  Please follow His leading.

 If you have seen it, what did you think of it?  Post a comment -  I'd love to hear!

 God bless you all and be courageous!

Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!