Wednesday, January 29, 2014

and God said, "I Will"

  Last night, I was feeling a bit of anxiousness.  I'm a bit nervous about something coming up and it was weighing heavy on my mind last night.  And so, during my prayer time, I asked the Lord to, in these exact words, "give me peace which transcends all understanding".  Later in my prayer, as I was thinking about this upcoming weekend I'll be spending in Colorado, I asked the Lord, again in these exact words, "help me to live a life worthy of Your calling".

  After I turned my lights off to go to sleep, I got on my phone to look at my two Bible apps which each has its own "verse of the day".  It's something I started doing a few years back.  Sometimes, the verses fit perfectly with my day and God reveals great things to me, other times, it's just a good reminder.  But tonight, as I read those two verses, I saw the Lord answering two of my earlier requests.

  I clicked on the first app, and this verse popped up:

"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to
live a life worthy of the calling you have received."    
~Ephesians 4:1

  Wow!  I was awe-struck that the Lord had me read that verse right after praying those words.  I heard Him say, "I will...help you live a life worthy of My calling."

  I clicked on the second app, and this verse popped up:

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
~Philippians 4:7

  No one is going to convince me that was a coincidence!  God revealed to me again, "I will...give you peace which transcends all understanding."  As I went to sleep last night, I was still a bit nervous of the unknown, but I was comforted that God is walking right next to me this whole time!

  I just had to share what He did for me last night!  And how He showed me that He's standing right beside me walking with me all the way, and carrying me when I need it.

He is good,
    Sierra

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great story of confirmation that the Lord is near and cares about our trifles and troubles. The Lord has been recently showing to me His great goodness too!

    Have an AMAZING time in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!