Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Haiti: Our Final Day

  I took a little break there by accident, with this posts.  This one is just about our last day - Monday, Day 7.  I would have stayed, honestly.

  It was super hot Monday morning.  Possibly the hottest we'd experienced since being there.  We cleaned a bit, brought our bags down, and started saying our goodbyes.


  We had to get one more "family photo" :).





    Tom's boys came to see us off and drive us to the airport.  


  When we got to the airport, it was a flurry of commotion.  We didn't get the vehicle parked, so we had to rush to get our bags off it and out of the street.  We quickly hugged goodbye and waved as we walked along the sidewalk to the entrance of the airport.  

  We had a nice time of waiting for boarding as we ate some lunch and just sat together to think about all that had happened over the past week.  For those who have asked, our trip was from August 13th to August 19th.

  Our flights home were uneventful, praise the Lord!  The car ride was relatively quiet on the way back from the airport.  Back at the church, we all said our final goodbyes to each other.  After being together non-stop for one week, it was a bit weird to be apart!  My dad picked me up and when I got home, my mom and sister were waiting up for me.  They all stayed up with me till 2:00am hearing stories.  

  This trip was a life-changing one.  People have asked me if I'd go back.  Would I?  In a heartbeat!  People have also asked me if I'll have the opportunity.  My church is sending out another team in February to do some construction-type work with Nate and Kristi.  As I told a friend, if it's God's will for me to go...I'll be on that trip.  I wouldn't have dreamed I'd be on this trip even six weeks before.  We'll see where God has me in six months and what new experiences and opportunities I'll have!

In Christ,
   Sierra  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!