Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Haiti: Day 6


  As our thoughts were with our families back home who were gathering all together to worship our Lord, we headed into a new experience: church in Haiti.  It's hard to know what to expect in these situations.  But the experience we had was incredible.  So many people gathered, young and old, all worshiping: some were waving their hands, some were dancing.



  We also got to spend some with kids while at church.  I had two kids fall asleep on my lap on Sunday (not at one time, though!), which was so sweet.  And kind of funny. :)



  After church, we headed over to the Lighthouse again.  It was fun to see all those kiddos again!  We painted compact water bottles with them (thanks, Jean!), which is practical, fun, personal, and cute!


  Here is Jovens rocking at Bop-It.  Loved watching him!  He had learned to recognize the English words to the sound it was supposed to make and where it was located.


  Lauren, the girls loved the bracelets you made them!  Thank you for sending them with your mom!  


  It was hard at the end of the night when we had to say goodbye.  We definitely proved we were Minnesotans when we did the Minnesotan Goodbye. :)  We had such a great time.

  When we returned, we helped Kristi make dinner - delicious fajitas.

 Below is my pitiful attempt at creating a collage type thing.  I guess I have more learning to do.  Oh well, if you want to know how to eat a quenepa, Tanner and I demonstrated for you below. :)

 Love,
    Sierra

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I am now all caught up with all your Haiti posts! Wow, what amazing and life lasting experiences you must have had!! I'm glad it worked out so well that you could go! I'm guessing you would like to do something of this sort again soon? Is there any possibilities for the near future?

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!