Tuesday, July 9, 2013

my high school graduation party

on saturday, june 29, 2013, I officially graduated from high school.
close family and old friends joined us for the ceremony;
distant and close family, old and new friends alike came to celebrate at my open house.
it was a blessed day - i couldn't have asked for a better one!
i'll narrate the day in pictures taken by: lydia, brita, and frankie (thanks!).

after my parents each gave really nice speeches, they presented me with my diploma
then i gave my graduation speech.
my youth pastor spoke (thank you, pastor blake!) and we were done - i was graduated!!  we moved on to picture time.

my cousin and her wonderful family.  hadn't seen these guys since january!
my cousin and his sweet family.
my aunt and uncle
another cousin and her husband
my great-grandma, me, and my grandma 
cousin and her family 
my best friend, lydia, and i

amber and i have been friends since before our preschool days!

my wonderful family!  we all look exhausted...we forgot about the family picture till the end of the day. :/

love these two!!

little bro, aidan

my sister, frankie
now on to the decor/food pictures! :P

for dessert, i had milk & cookies - and it was so pretty, you're getting more than one picture.
thanks to my cousin, megan, for the beautifully decorated sugar cookies on the left!  i didn't get to
taste them, but they disappeared quickly!


last angle. :D  thank you, terri, for taking charge over the milk & cookies!
my friend, laura, surprised me on friday evening by paining this beautiful banner!  i am keeping it forever and ever.  see the 2013 in there, too?!  this banner makes me happy.  thanks, laura!
inspired by my friend jenn, i decided to make this newsletter type thing!
(there's a back, too, which you can somewhat see in the next photo)

aren't those center pieces pwetty?!  sandi made them for me - thank you!

our tent set-up
this kid. :)

we were all set when we had my friend, lizzy, lifeguard.  at one time, we had about 20 kids in there!

my "then & now" board.
i had more of a display table, but didn't grab a picture of that - slipped my mind.
i got, for the first time, individual photos of some of my LIVE girls and i!  super special for me. ;)









and that was my graduation day!
such an amazing time

in love,
sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!