Friday, May 16, 2014

Of Boredom, Final Grades, and Experiences

I'm just going to ignore the fact that I've not posted for over a month, okay?  Thank you.


  At the end of February, I began taking the final class in the Signature Leadership Courses by Dr. Jeff Myers.  This was an eleven week class, set to finish on May 10th.  I was not going to be able to start classes at Thomas Edison until June...so I was excited for that three week break!  Well...long story short, for multiple reasons, I wanted to finish a week early.  However I ended up finishing almost two weeks early.  I was pumped that I would get over a month break!!  That quickly ended -- I believe it lasted only through the night.  I found that I didn't have much to do.  Sure, I could clean, watch movies, or read...but for some reason, that sounded a lot more fun before I was on break.  Typical.

  I kept myself busy by trying to sell books, enrolling in Thomas Edison (yes, that did indeed take a full day), and minimal cleaning.

  Finally, I could start preparing for LIVE's Mother's Day Brunch, which was happening Saturday, May 10th.  See, if I start planning too early, I'll get it all done, and then have nothing to do in the final days' leading up to it.  So I have to wait to plan for bigger events.  Anyway, I started meeting with a few of the planning committees comprised of my older girls.  I made way too many trips to Target...especially for someone who lives twenty minutes away from the nearest one.  I planned for the planning meeting which was happening two days prior to the Brunch.  I stayed up late prepping final touches for the gift that the girls were making for their moms.  I cleaned (sorta).  I painted my nails (which I never do).  We packed three laundry baskets full of food, decorations, and other supplies.  And I stayed up late Friday night relaxing watching TV (that's how I de-stress).

Shopping with the Decoration Committee!

  Even though I felt a little overwhelmed, and a tad-bit nervous for this Mother's Day Brunch, the event went spectacularly!  I can't even begin to describe how well it went and how fun it was!  I was thrilled to find out the moms enjoyed themselves, also!  My girls put a lot of work into helping me plan this event, I'm so proud of them!  They worked hard on decorations, writing a skit, writing their testimonies, singing, and making food.  I wish I could share more pictures, but for the sake of my girls' protection, I won't be able to.  But here are a couple photos to give you a small glimpse of the fun we had!



This young lady, who I have the amazing privilege of mentoring, shared her testimony in front of the moms.  Two other girls did as well - they all did a beautiful job!




  Other things that have been keeping me busy....

Mother's Day, 2014


My friend Ashley had surgery so I've spent a couple days hanging out with her as well as some others from our small group.





 On May 9th, I was given a ticket to Leadercast -- a world-wide, day-long simulcast featuring speakers including Laura Bush, Andy Stanley, Randall Wallace, Malcolm Gladwell, and more.  This was such an incredible opportunity for me, especially arriving on the heel of finishing my leadership class with Dr. Myers!  I learned so much, and would love to go again next year!  If you ever have the opportunity to go, GO! 


  A few great movies have come out recently, and my mom has taken my sister and I to them.  I love that our movie theater has $5 Tuesdays. :)


Watching Disney movies with my sister.  Boy do these bring back memories!


Yesterday, I made red velvet cake pops. (this is as great of a picture as I got)


Reading...


okay, so I've read one book on that list so far.  BUT, I still have 16 days of my break left!  Need to fill it with something besides my Nancy Drew games! :D

  Oh and that course I mentioned at the beginning?



Yep, I passed with 99%!  And...I am now a Senior in college!  Wow.  Finally!  :)  I begin my year at Thomas Edison in June and have ten classes to take with them.  By this time next year, I will be finishing up my very last college course EVER!!!

 There ya go, an update on my exciting life. ;)  And for those of you wondering...no, I do not have any more trips planned.  I wish I did, but I think traveling will have to wait until after I graduate (remember, just one more year!).  Besides, I have a four-month long backpacking trip through Europe to save for!! ;)

Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!