Saturday, February 25, 2012

An Update on My Life

You haven't heard from me in a while.  Sorry for my procrastination. :)

 Well, last Sunday, the Brazil team hosted a 1950s fundraiser dinner.  What a success!!!  It was SO much fun! The team worked so hard to put it all together, and we had many volunteers in the kitchen, nursery, and some other places here and there.  As our team leader said, our team has a wonderful mixture of people: everyone had a job, they did it, and did it well.  And I know I enjoyed doing my job with 2 other team members!  The Lord has blessed this trip SO much already and we aren't even close (when you count months...it will sneak up, though) to leaving!  Oh, and my mom and I have now both received our passports in the mail!  It's pretty exciting to be another step closer.

 God blessed another LIVE for Christ meeting yesterday afternoon!  We talked about Sharing the Gospel.  I gave each of the girls a few tracts along with a challenge to give someone or leave a tract before our next meeting.  It was such a blessing to see these girls so excited to hand them out!  The youth celebrity million dollar bills were a favorite, along with 101 of the world's funniest one liners.

 This weekend is going to be a relaxing one!  Tomorrow, I'm going to go grocery shopping with my mom.  I have decided, since I'm not the best person in the kitchen, I'm going to practice.  Because that's what everyone has been telling me to. :)  I have a notebook filled with delicious sounding and looking dessert recipes.  I came to the conclusion that I can not only practice my baking/cooking capabilities, but practice my use of the camera, also.  I'm excited to see where I'll get.

 Today I got to go shopping with my mom.  It's nice to have someone run back and forth to the racks with new, cute clothes while I'm busy trying one the one's I've already brought into the changing room. :)  We spent some time at Kohl's and Maurice's (I could spend hours at Maurice's!) and also got our nails done.  It was a fun day!  Now for some relaxing.

 Looking forward to doing some more reading this weekend, too.  Last week, I finished The Hunger Games and now I'm waiting for the 2nd book in the series to come to the library.  I think I'm number 70-something in line.  I have a friend who I'm going to discuss the books with, but she's on vacation and I'm missing her emails very much!  In the meantime, I have a couple Christian mysteries to read and a Karen Kingsbury book.

 Next week, I'm going to be starting to study my next CLEP test: Natural Sciences.  We'll see how I do on that. :)  I'm taking 8-10 weeks for this one, because 1) I still am working on high school work and, 2) Science is not my strong suit, so I'll need more time to study.

 It snowed!  Finally!  Okay, we had snow before, but it always melts before I get a chance to photograph it!    But, this time I had the chance.  Except...they didn't turn out as nicely as I had hoped.  Here are just a couple.



Have a great weekend!

 ~Sierra

1 comment:

  1. I love the Hunger games!! :D I can't wait till the Movie comes out :D

    What did you buy at Maurices? I could spend all day in there as well! Their stuff is so elegant and pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!