Thursday, June 9, 2011

Great Expectations

 At the beginning of my CollegePlus! journey, I went through a book called Life Purpose Planning.  This book was designed to help give me a vision of where I feel God calling me to be based upon where He has placed me to do His work in the past.  I enjoyed this book immensely, and it gave me a great vision of life.  Where do I feel God calling me in my life?  How has He used me in the past?  How do they relate?  For one of the several assignments, I wrote something called a Life Purpose Statement.  With this statement I was to go beyond vocational interests to address significant outcomes that have eternal possibilities.  The statement should be more about why than what; and more about the heart you have than the hat you'll wear.  Below is my statement:

As a daughter of the King of Kings, my heart’s desire is to grow in Christ and to follow God’s calling for my life.  I see a strong and growing need for the Truth in the world around me.  I allocate myself to spread the Gospel in whichever method God shows me to, to whomever He entrusts me with.  I also dedicate myself to shining my light for others to see (Matthew 5:16), so that the kingdom of God may be broadened.  As I mature and yield my own decisions, I desire to consult Christ in every matter.  I dedicate my single years to the service of God and to prepare for my future – wherever God has me.  I wish to honor God in all matters regarding my future family, if He blesses me so.   During various stages of my life, I will set before myself aspirations that will assist my growing relationship with Christ such as: being a servant, working on humility, having a good attitude, being an encourager, be giving of my time and money, etc.   At every age of my life, it is my utmost goal to be a submissive daughter – both to God and my earthly parents.  As I have personally seen prayers answered – those of my own and of others – I commit to being a devoted prayer warrior.   I will also reveal my testimony to others so they may be encouraged and hear what God is accomplishing in my life (Luke 8:39).  Above all else, I devote myself to honor God in everything I do.  At the end of my earthly journey, I would be delighted to hear: “Well done, good and faithful servant!” from the lips of my precious Savior.

*****************

  •  My significant audience that Christ has called me to is primarily young ladies – children and teenagers.  Those who are looking to grow in Christ, and those who may be lost or confused.
  • My delightful method of leading these precious children of Christ would be through interest in them – finding out who they are (their likes and dislikes), where they are in their journey of life, and where they want to be.  I also would teach lessons and give them applications that are easy but meaningful.
  • My life-changing message to give them is: God’s unconditional love is sufficient for us.  Jesus died so that we may be free from the eternal bondage of sin and have everlasting life with Him.  I would also like to teach young ladies to be Christ’s disciples.

*****************
 The prevalent need I see in the world around me is that people are not living their lives according to the exemplary example of Christ – every day, people are conforming to the world surrounding us.  Some are straying from their faith and their essential relationship with the One who gave His life for us.  I see the need of leaders – ones who are willing to step up and be an example to others and to lead others on the straight and narrow path – even redirecting their lives.  If something is not done about this, there will be precious few following the life of Christ.  In a nutshell, we need more believers showing people the importance of non-conformation of this world.

  As I realized the need for true Christian leadership, I began to prepare a personal strategy: 
  • Continue discipling those who Christ is giving me
  • Teach other young people to learn to be a disciple
  • Continue and strive to be a godly role model
  • Prepare and carry out a couple small group studies on books, Bible studies, etc.
  • Seek out internships in which I can learn and be of help
 Now to carry out my strategy, I will:
  • Lead a discipleship group for young ladies
  • Prepare and carry out conferences for young ladies that show them how to become women of God – teach lessons on purity, modesty, discernment, being a light for Christ, sharing the Gospel, etc.

 The vision is vast, yet I believe that by the grace of God, this will happen.

 The book was very interesting to go through, and I had a lot of fun!  I hope my words were able to encourage you.


 In Christ,
    Sierra



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sierra, you are definitely right where God wants you to be! Your walk with God and strong faith always encourages me. I am amazed at how God has worked through you, and I am eager to see how He will continue to use you! Praise the Lord for such a wonderful, willing servant like you; you are doing great things for His work! Keep it up! I love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing your thoughts, so please, share them! :) However, when commenting, please remember to be polite and respect others. Thank you!